The “International Standards Organisation” (ISO), “Standards Australia” and “Standards New Zealand” (jointly – AS/NZS) produce a range of documents known as “Standards”.
Standards are effectively good practice guides based on local and international consensus.
Certification against ISO and/or AS/NZS standards is an indicator that a business meets performance criteria defined within that standard, thereby:
1. Optimising effective business management practices, and
2. Providing confidence for stakeholders dealing with a certified business.
Three well known and common standards are:
- AS/NZS ISO 9001, Quality Management Systems – Requirements
- AS/NZS 4801, Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems – Specification with guidance for use
- AS/NZS ISO 14001, Environmental Management Systems – Requirements with guidance for use
CREST Assured specialises in advising and assisting business on their knowledge and implementation of the above standards.